CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Cause I'm Marvelous

Shirin Neshat. Right now I am doing a final presentation on this amazing woman. An Iranian born artist, who moved to the U.S. when she was 17, Neshat's work was heavily influenced by the Islamic Revolution in 1979. She was not allowed to return to her homeland during this time. Until 1990 Shirin Neshat had been in exhile, but when she finally could return home Neshat was shocked by the massive changes in politics and the society. The treatment of women in Iran inspired Shirin to create this series of photographs composed of women in habjis and guns. Neshat drew and wrote on the images. I love the exquisite beauty of all her photographs. I'm very inspired by the passion one image reflects. This image particularly speaks to me. I love the hands and the design perfectly drawn upon the hand. She is amazing.

I am almost done. I see the light. Then it will be time to party. Party like it's 1999.

0 comments: